For those of you getting “something went wrong” error while setting up your Google Project Fi, you may want to know that this is caused by using a custom ROM.
There’s a simple fix around this and that is to use a stock rooted ROM. You can backup your current ROM using TWRP recovery, install this stock rooted ROM, then get your Project Fi activated and setup.
Once that’s done, you should be able to restore your custom ROM and be on your way to go.
Download Project Fi ROM (Android 5.1.1 + Root)
No Gapps needed on stock ROMs.
You need a rooted Nexus 6, if you do not have a rooted Nexus 6, see How to Root Nexus 6 first!
For installation, simply reboot into recovery, format /system and /data, then install ROM,and reboot. NO GAPPS NEEDED!
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to developer of ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
HighOnAndroid Facebook Page <--- If you like this post, please Like Our Facebook Page Here, thx!Want to contact me?
Add me on: